SustainCollins, a partnership between Collins LLC, the Integrated Program in the Environment, and Sustain IU, is an action and education-oriented living-learning program dedicated to sustainability and the environment. SustainCollins is open to students of all majors who are interested in gaining professional skills, diving deep into environmental topics, and incorporating sustainability into their everyday lives.
As members of the Collins LLC, SustainCollins residents have access to all the amazing classes, trips, student groups, and resources at Collins. They also participate in unique programming including:
- Student-directed projects implementing sustainability improvements on campus.
- Speaker series with influential environmental leaders, including visiting scholars and local community leaders.
- Access to world-class university initiatives, including the Environmental Resilience Institute, the Food Institute, and IU’s Office of Sustainability.
- Engagement with SustainCollins Fellows, campus and community sustainability leaders who serve as mentors to Floor residents.
- Peer Mentorship program, whereby select residents are chosen to serve as mentors, floor leaders, and represent SustainCollins on campus and in the larger community. Peer Mentors receive a minimum $1,000 annual scholarship for residential costs.